- I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
- Honour your father and your mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
- You shall not covet your neighbour's wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbour's goods.
Six Commandments of the Church
- To keep the Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation holy by hearing Mass and resting from servile works.
- To keep the days of Fasting and Abstinence appointed by the Church.
(Ash Wednesday, Good Friday)
- To go to confession when we are conscious of having sinned gravely.
- To receive the Eucharist at least once a year at Easter or thereabouts.
- To contribute to the support of our pastors.
- Not to marry within certain degrees of kinship without a dispensation.
The Three Theological Virtues
- Anointing of the sick
- Holy Orders
Faith, Hope and Charity.
Four Cardinal Virtues
Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, Temperance.
|Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Fear of the Lord
|Way of the Cross
- Christ condemned to death;
- The cross is laid upon him;
- His first fall;
- He meets His Blessed Mother;
- Simon of Cyrene is made to bear the cross;
- Christ's face is wiped by Veronica;
- His second fall;
- He meets the women of Jerusalem;
- His third fall;
- He is stripped of His garments;
- His crucifixion;
- His death on the cross;
- His body is taken down from the cross;
- Laid in the tomb.
|Seven Corporal Works of Mercy
- To feed the hungry
- To give drink to the thirsty
- To clothe the naked
- To give shelter to the homeless
- To visit the sick
- To visit the imprisoned
- To bury the dead
Seven Spiritual Works of Mercy
To counsel the doubtful
To instruct the ignorant
To admonish sinners
To comfort the afflicted
To forgive offences
To bear wrongs patiently
To pray for the living and the dead
|Twelve Fruits of the Holy Spirit
Prayer for the Souls in Purgatory
Eternal rest, grant unto them O Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon
them. May they rest in peace.
Prayer in Praise of the Trinity
Glory be to the Father and to the Son
and to the holy Spirit as it was in the
beginning, is now and ever shall be,
for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Come O Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of
your faithful and enkindle in them the
fire of your love. Send forth your
Spirit and they shall be created and
you shall renew the face of the earth.